Notice: The Monaca & Onsen UI Community Forum is shutting down.
For Onsen UI bug reports, feature requests and questions, please use the Onsen UI GitHub issues page. For help with Monaca, please contact Monaca Support Team.
Thank you to all our community for your contributions to the forum. We look forward to hearing from you in the new communication channels.
Monaca build requirements and posiblities
kr last edited by
I have some question regarding monaca.io cloud build environment using Visual Studio 2015:
- Which Android versions are supported?
- Which iOS versions are supported?
– Specific: Do I need a local Apple PC to build or does the could build do all builds?
- Which Windows versions are supported?
– Specific: Is it possible to build Windows 10 UWP apps?
– Specific: Is it possible to build normal Windows 10 Desktop programs?
- Will tester also need a monaca.io account subscription to get access to iOS Ad Hoc Build or only an Apple account?
- Does Windows app build also support Ad Hoc Build deployment only accessible for testers and beta customers?
- Does Android app build also support Ad Hoc Build deployment only accessible for testers and beta customers?
- Does the could build support publishing to Windows App Store?
- If project include custom plugin code for Android, iOS and Windows - will the plugin code then also be compiled?
- Will LocalKit allow us to have code in local subversion repo and still build in the cloud?
- Which TCP port must be open?
- Will we be “charged” a support ticket if problem turns out to be a monaca problem?
- Are you ISO 9000 certified or similar? Or do you maintain build environment change list so we can track behaviour changes in the builds?
Hi @kr, if you want to use our Visual Studio extension:
- Android 4.0 or higher.
- OS 8 or higher, you can build and publish your app directly from Monaca.
- At the moment, just Windows 8.1 Universal Apps are supported. Windows 10 builds may work but are not guaranteed.
- In order to have access to a shared project, the project owner needs to have a Gold subscription, the testers(not allowed to modify the content) a Developer subscription and the Developers(allowed to modify the content) a Gold subscription.
- same as above
- You can build Windows Apps, but you cannot publish them directly from Monaca. You need to follow Microsoft’s guidelines.
- The plugins are already compiled, they will just be loaded and executed (if called).
- Localkit doesn’t support subversions, but you can still manage different subversions with other tools (like Git) and be able to build with Monaca cloud.
- You can set the TCP port, by default it’s 8001
- If a problem is related to Monaca’s platform, no ticket will be required.
- Our build behavior is regulated by Cordova’s version. The build changes we implement are the same you can find in the Cordova’s changelog.
Hope it helps.
kr last edited by
If project include custom plugin code for Android, iOS and Windows - will the plugin code then also be compiled?
The plugins are already compiled, they will just be loaded and executed (if called).
Does this mean I have to compile our own custom plugin source code on a local PC and local Mac (for iOS plugins)?
Do you need to create your own Cordova plugin? If yes, that has nothing to do with Monaca and you should check Cordova plugins implementation guideline.