Wondering the performance when combining react.js

• We all know react.js provide a better performance, while you can use similar code and run on react native to get nearly native performance.
    I am curious the performance of combination of monaca+onsenUI+react.
    I feel it is still a phonegap app so I shouldn’t expect that, but still wondering… thanks.

• React Native uses internally the native components, while OnsenUI with Monaca uses the Webview and Phonegap and Cordova. I believe for most applications there is no big distinction in performance between an hybrid app or an native app, but the user experience might be different. Its quite a big topic to open here on the Forum and both native apps and hybrid apps have its pro’s and con’s.

• @patrick Alright, I will bite into this discussion. Although I have not tested the React components yet, I definitely have put Onsen through it’s paces with some pretty intense javascript graphic development with multiple sprites (82 to be exact with dynamic redraw). The verdict is, it loads almost identically fast as native. The only way you know it is slightly slower (avg. 5 to 15 ms) is if you run a timer. As a user, I could not tell the difference one bit.

I definitely feel with using FastClick and the other enhancements to webview (for Android at least), the hybrid apps are every bit as capable as native. I would draw the line for games like Hearthstone or such. I just do not think a webview could handle that load, but maybe it could. For 99% of the apps out there - especially data driven ones - hybrids are just as reliable and perform like their native brethren.