Monaca Onsen UI Discord Chat Github Repo

cordova ios 5.1.0 required to eliminate ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage UIWebView issue

• Hi there. I’m looking for a replacement of phonegap build. This service looks great, but there are some issues left.

I’m still getting “ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage” when deploying my app to AppStore.
    I’ve removed all plugins, except:
    cordova-plugin-wkwebview-engine 1.2.1
    cordova-plugin-wkwebview-file-xhr 2.1.4
    cordova-plugin-splashscreen (added by monaca)
    monaca-plugin-monaca-core (added by monaca)

In config.xml I’ve set:
    <preference name=“WKWebViewOnly” value=“true”/>
    <feature name=“CDVWKWebViewEngine”>
    <param name=“ios-package” value=“CDVWKWebViewEngine”/>
    </feature>
    <preference name=“CordovaWebViewEngine” value=“CDVWKWebViewEngine”/>

<engine name=“ios” spec=“5.1.0”/>

I’ve also selected WKWebView as WebView Engine in monaca’s iOS App Settings.

Obviously monaca does not support cordova ios 5.1.0 yet.
    And I guess the flag WKWebViewOnly=true is required to make it working but its not supported in cordova ios engines less then 5.1.0.

Can you help please?

Greetings
    Markus

• administrators

I think it might be in conflict to be using both cordova-plugin-wkwebview-engine and cordova-plugin-wkwebview-file-xhr.

First make sure you are using the latest version of the iOS platform and Xcode. You can change this in Monaca Cloud IDE’s Build Environment Settings menu.

Then remove your WkWebView config lines from config.xml and both wkwebview plugins you have installed. Then choose WkWebView from the App Settings for iOS menu and click Save. This will re-add the correct config lines and the cordova-plugin-wkwebview-engine plugin.

If you are running into the XHR problem, then you can swap out cordova-plugin-wkwebview-engine for cordova-plugin-wkwebview-file-xhr. But you shouldn’t both enabled at the same time. Note that if you select WkWebView and save again from the App Settings for iOS menu then it will re-add cordova-plugin-wkwebview-engine even if you previously removed it.

If that doesn’t work, usually we would expect that the problem is a third-party plugin that hasn’t been updated but since you only have those core plugins, this shouldn’t be a problem.

• Yes it’s working, thanks. I did not realize that monaca already supports cordova 5.1.1.
    Just when adding the plugins I’m getting the warning again. But that’s my turn.

By the way: cordova-plugin-wkwebview-file-xhr is required. Otherwise the local xhr requests will fail.