How to upgrade from v1 to v2 Onsen.io

• Hello

I been using the verison 1 for last 4 months, But the major update of v2 released in material design which looks perfect. How can i upgrade to version 2? It’s noted my apps are most offline version, so including js or css files from server will be impossible.

Any help?

• Hi,
    You can start by cloning the Quickstart example https://github.com/OnsenUI/onsenui2-quickstart. Ones you have downloaded the files, you should be able to play with it offline.

• @Ifthaker-Hossain-Palash

I will be writing a migration guide for people who want to upgrade current Onsen UI 1.3.x projects to Onsen UI 2.0.

For Angular projects you need to load angular-onsenui.js in addition to onsenui.js since we’ve split the Angular code into a separate file. We’ve tried to keep backwards compatibility but there might be some things that break. I will compile the breaking changes into a guide.

• @argelius , please tell me what is new for Sliding Menu. This code not work and have not any errors, in v2

<a href="#" onclick="menu.setMainPage('chapters.html')">

I tryed to compare my code with example v2, but do not see differences

• This bug was because this code

<script>
                document.addEventListener("init", function(event) {
                    if (event.target.id == "phrases") {
                        console.log("works");
                    }
                }, false);
            </script>

but i do not got error in console…
    I inserted this code in v1.3 yet

• Monaca

@Евгений-Гедройц said:

This bug was because this code

<script>
              document.addEventListener("init", function(event) {
                  if (event.target.id == "phrases") {
                      console.log("works");
                  }
              }, false);
          </script>

but i do not got error in console…
    I inserted this code in v1.3 yet

Sliding Menu still uses Angular so, as argelius suggested, load angular-onsenui.js in addition to onsenui.js.

• @argelius did you get chance to prepare migration guide from v1 to v2. I am planning to move my app to onsen2

• @anandpatwari31 I haven’t written it yet. There are still some things changing so I will write it when all the features are done.

We are getting very close to releasing 2.0.0-rc.1 and I will write the guide when we release that.

• @argelius Any news on a possible migration guide? I really want to update onsen from 1.3.15 to the last onsen UI 2 one.
    Thanks anyway for your hard work, Onsen UI is a very pleasant framework to use.

• Onsen UI

@Ifthaker-Hossain-Palash @Евгений-Гедройц @anandpatwari31 @Gatsbill Here you have the migration guide. If you find any problem please report it :)

• @Fran-Diox Thank you very much, will try it this week!