Add resource file to monaca project?

• so, I would like to add some resource files to support OneSignal notification icons on Android

https://documentation.onesignal.com/docs/customize-notification-icons#section-3-name-icons-appropriately

I put the icon files in the tree view under res/android/drawable-<size>/

I added this to my android platform sections

<platform name="android">
        <resource-file src="/res/android/drawable-mdpi/ic_stat_onesignal_default.png" target="res/drawable-mdpi/ic_stat_onesignal_default.png" />

I get this error when building

Build Error: Error: Sandbox Exec Error: [ Error: Source path does not exist: /res/android/drawable-mdpi/ic_stat_onesignal_default.png ]

So, am i doing this completely wrong?

Thanks

• Monaca

@Matt-Nelson In Monaca projects, you can only make changes within www folder. For this reason, you need to use the cordova-plugin-copy-resources plugin to make changes to project files outside of www folder. These changes will be effective after the build. In your case, please do as follows:

1. Add cordova-plugin-copy-resources plugin into your project.

2. Within config.xml, change the following line:

<resource-file src="/res/android/drawable-mdpi/ic_stat_onesignal_default.png" target="res/drawable-mdpi/ic_stat_onesignal_default.png" />

to

<resource dest="res/drawable-mdpi/" src="www/images/ic_stat_onesignal_default.png" />

Note: You need to put your images source files within www folder such as images folder.

This should fix your build issue.