OnsenUI + VueJS: some versions do NOT work

• Hi all,

I would like to inform that in some cases Onsen UI with VueJS do NOT work - it depends of files versions (and maybe something else…).

I have two similar projects in monaca.io.

This combination DOES work in monaca debugger and as a standalone application (built with monaca)
    onsenui (both css and js): 2.7.0
    vue-onsenui.js: 2.3.0
    vue.min.js: 2.5.3

Tis combinations DOESN’T work in monaca debugger and as a standalone application (built with monaca)
    onsenui (both css and js): 2.8.1
    vue-onsenui.js: 2.3.0 or 2.4.0
    vue.min.js: 2.5.3

The strange things is that on some phones it works and on some it doesn’t work (both in monaca debugger and standalone app).

There is an error from monaca debugger: “undefined is not a function www/lib/onsenui/js/vue-onsenui.js 1439”.

How to solve it?

• Onsen UI

@Pablo We update onsenui and vue-onsenui at the same time to ensure compatibility (except patch versions, which shouldn’t have breaking changes). vue-onsenui package has onsenui as peer dependency specifying the compatible version. Basically, it will work if you use the latest versions of both packages. Otherwise, check the vue-onsenui requirements for onsenui version.

vue-onsenui@2.4.x requires onsenui@2.8.x, and vue-onsenui@2.3.x requires onsenui@2.7.x.

The strange things is that on some phones it works and on some it doesn’t work

That sounds like a bug. Try with vue-onsenui@2.4.2 because it fixes a related issue.

• @Fran-Diox

1st: I can confirm you are right. Using the latest versions of OnsenUI and Vue-OnsenUI works like a charm.
    2nd: Thank you for your response, help and “the fix”.

I like OnsenUI so much! :-)