New to Monaca

• Hi

I’m trying to build an app with Monaca - I’m new to Monaca and new to programming, but I was recommened to use Monaca since it should be userfriendly also for peoble at my level.

But I keep on meeting challenges wich are not connected to understanding Monaca but are connected to my littel understanding of how to

• configure my keyboard - yeasterday I spended hours trying to find out how to write a double vertical line and a square since it was used in the MOOC on Udemy. Embarresing eough I didn’t find a solution.

• how to find all the different commands/codes Brian uses bulilding his code in the MOOC.

Is there a secret place beginners go to find all the basic knowledge?

• Hi and welcome to the Monaca community forum!

What do you mean by commands/codes that I used when building?
    Are you referring to the Monaca CLI commands?

Also, on our docs, you can find a collection of Monaca tutorials that help guide from creating to publishing projects.

https://docs.monaca.io/en/tutorials/

Best regards,
    Bryan

• Thank-you very much for your replay and for welcomming.

F.ex. in the MOOC in the beginning of the script on the page icon-localstrage.js there is a couple of lines

‘todostorage.hasItems = function(label){
    return this.collection.some(function(item){
    return item.label === label;
    });’

And when you in the MOOC explains it - it becomes meaningful, and I feel I understand it, but if I should make it myself I wouldn’t know where to start and end. Honestly.

I might not be fair, but I wonder when I seen the written tutorials, because the easy part is spelled out, so I easily understand, but when it begins to be just a little more complicated the speeling out stops. And the only thing that keeps me going is being sttuborn.

• Hey @Bech,

I understand the feeling.

In my own personal experience, I find it easier to start by writing out the requirements and even draw diagrams on paper. This helps me with a starting point and sometimes even identify the methods I need to implement.

If you have any questions, you can post freely here, in the community forum.

Keep it up!