Animated Splashscreen ?

• Hello again guys,

I know maybe this is doesn’t have any connection to Onsen UI , but its not wrong and not bad to ask first right ?

Is it possible to manipulate Animated Splashscreen in Onsen UI ? I think it would be nice if we can use our own custom animated splashscreen instead the boring one from cordova plugin.

So what do you guys thinks ?

Regards.

• hey @dvlwjoffice I am also trying to do so maybe you could play video or gif something and hide splash screen by navigator.splashscreen.hide(); something I found here but before that u need to change priority of index page from config.xml

• @Gaurav yo gaurav, so you think i need to make another page ? are you already done this ? can you a explain to me a little bit ? cause i doesn’t get that stack dicussion.

• no I am working on this I will let you know once done

• @Gaurav I see. I will wait for yours.
    Thanks.

• ok hopefully I will finish this today :smile:

• @dvlwjoffice I have tried animated splash screen and it has worked successfully but even I hide default splashscreen it shows black splashscreen for 3 seconds and then my video get played

• Onsen UI

(Moving this to Developer Corner section since it’s not directly related to Onsen UI)

• This post is deleted!

• anyone has better option ??

• @Gaurav yo gaurav, sorry late respond.
    Can i see your code for that? maybe post it in git/jsfiddle/codepen ? I want try to take a look for it.
    And for that blank screen, i think because of the cordova’s behavior that will run a splashscreen before application start, and your splashscreen is considered as the application itself ?

btw thanks @Fran-Diox for moving the thread.

Thanks.

• that’s ok @dvlwjoffice this is my codepen before that just change priority so that this page will appear first

• @Gaurav sry late reply again.
    I want to inform that i try your code. And the result is same, i trying to modify it so the first blank screen doesn’t appear but i think its doesnt work.

and i just have an idea right now. To make the first splashscreen from cordova as a usual wallpaper that appear when you open the application, and then the one from your code as the real splashscreen that load data, etc.

• try this code in config.xml

<preference name="AutoHideSplashScreen" value="true" />
        <preference name="SplashScreenDelay" value="0" />

I found this here

• This is not a perfect solution still black blank screen appears on mobile if I remove splashscreen plugin got blank white screen anybody has better option guys ??

• sorry late reply again @Gaurav , yeah i try that code in config.xml before :p

and yes its not a perfect solution. and i googling everywhere, nothing share/ask about that splashscreen. Maybe we need to ask cordova developer for this ?

• @dvlwjoffice you’re right but there has to be some other alternative

• @Gaurav Well, i am asked in Cordova’s slack channel, seem we doesn’t have any solution except make it a white / black screen and start the animation page.

I think its the dead end for us. What a sad life.