Integrating Monaca with API.AI

• Monaca

Cover Page

In this article, you will learn how to create a conversational app with Monaca Cloud IDE and api.ai. api.ai is a natural language interactions platform created by Google. We will demonstrate how to integrate Google’s api.ai with Monaca Cloud IDE using Angular 1 and Onsen UI v2. The integration is done based on apiai-cordova-client plugin.

Click here to see the original article

• Thanks for posting this awesome tutorial. Rather than using Angular 1, i would like to use VueJs for this app. Can you please give me any tutorial link for that?

• Monaca

@nasirkhan Unfortunately, we don’t have this kind of tutorial for VueJs yet. However, we will consider it. Thanks for your feedback.

• I am getting ReferrenceError APIAI Plugin is not defined. Any help on this please?

• Monaca

@sadakathullah
    Hi,
    I’ve modified the app and now the error is fixed. Please import the project again. I also made some changes to the plugin itself since there is a broken reference file in the plugin which will cause the build to fail. Therefore, you need to re-import the project and test it on custom Debugger or build app. Let me know if you still have the same issue. Good luck.

• Hello, I have the same problem after re import ReferrenceError APIAI Plugin is not defined. Thank you for your help

• Monaca

@thanh Hi,
    When did you import the project? I just imported the project and test it without any issue. Would you please try to import the project again?

• @khemry I joined the project today and I just do it again. I do not know where I was wrong

• @khemry
    Could you use cordova 6.5?

• Monaca

@steverock Yes, you can upgrade the project to 6.5. That’d be still working. Let me know if you face any issue. :)

• Monaca

@thanh How did you test the project?
    You need to run this project on Custom Debugger or build app. Standard (store) debugger is not working because the apiai-cordova-client plugin is not included.