How to hide the status bar?

• I’m trying to hide the top status bar on iOS on my first app.

I followed the instructions here: https://docs.monaca.io/en/reference/cordova_6.2/statusbar/
    -enabled the plugin in the IDE
    -added the Info.plist file with the parameters to hide at app startup

Yet when I view my app in the Monaca app, the status bar is still there unchanged.

Any pointers please? Would this even work when viewing within the Monaca app?

• @snakeyak You have to do a debug build which includes the plugins or a production build.

• Thank you for your quick answer. I did a debug build on iOS, unfortunately the status bar is still there - although for some reason it’s just blank (grey without signal, time etc icons). Any ideas?

Thank you

• @snakeyak Have you tried:

ons.ready(function(){
    StatusBar.hide;
    });

• @munsterlander yes I have tried that. Been fiddling with this for hours, still no luck. Would kill for a working example

• @snakeyak I don’t have iOS but I can do one real quick and confirm it is good on Android if that would help.

Edit: Another option which I know works, is to enable Full Screen with Monaca. That hides everything.

• Monaca

Hi,

How did you add the configuration in “config.xml” file? You need add the following snippet within <platform name="ios"> tag and test it in the custom debugger or built app:

<config-file parent="UIStatusBarHidden" platform="ios" target="*-Info.plist">
        <true/>
    </config-file>
    <config-file parent="UIViewControllerBasedStatusBarAppearance" platform="ios" target="*-Info.plist">
        <false/>
    </config-file>

• @khemry That did the trick, thank you so much!