Vue Onsen Android back button

• Hi, I’m trying to make my app get to the previous page using the android button and not the v-ons-back-button but it doesn’t seem to work. Is there something I missed out on?

Currently I got a message saying ‘Uncaught ReferenceError: Symbol is not defined’ in the console when pressing the back button on my phone.

I’m using :

• onsenui@2.2.5
    • vue@2.3.0
    • vue-onsenui@2.0.0-beta.3

• Onsen UI

@Adi-Abdullah Hi! Thanks for reporting. I’ll try to have a look at it tomorrow. I haven’t tried vue@2.3.0 yet, not sure if it is related to that.

• Onsen UI

@Fran-Diox
    I found that this error occurred because:

• We are using for-of syntax in util._captureTree (link).
    • for-of syntax is transpiled by Babel.
    • But babel-plugin-transform-es2015-for-of outputs code with Symbol (link)
      • Symbol is a feature of ES2015, so this might be a bug
    • Symbol is supported since Android 5.1 WebView (link).

What we could do is (1) polyfill Symbol or (2) fix babel-plugin-transform-es2015-for-of.

• Onsen UI

@asial-matagawa Oh, thanks for checking! I saw that the latest Vue release mentioned something related to Symbol and thought that it might affect.
    Maybe we can simply remove for of, I don’t really mind :)

• @Fran-Diox Are there any temporary solution for this? Or I can expect a patch up for this soon? :confused: Plus do I need to create an issue for this ? I’m quite new so bear with me on this haha

• Onsen UI

@Adi-Abdullah It’s already fixed so no need to open an issue. I think we will release onsenui@2.2.6 either today or tomorrow. Otherwise, you can download the latest development version from this link :)

• Thanks so much @Fran-Diox on the fast response :+1: :+1: Just tested, its working now :relaxed: