Crosswalk WebView does not raise visibilitychange events on Android when exiting / returning to app

• I am using the Crosswalk WebView Engine plugin, configured as the latest Crosswalk version (23.53.589.4) and Plugin Version 2.1.0 (I’m not using the latest version of 2.3.0 because of a build error, for which I’ve also logged a ticket).

I am trying to use the webkitvisibilitychange event as described here, to control my app state when exiting / returning to my app via the Android Home / Recent Apps buttons:

https://github.com/crosswalk-project/crosswalk-website/wiki/How-to-pause-play-audio-when-application-is-switched-to-background

I have added event listeners (using document.addEventListener) for both visibilitychange and webkitvisibilitychange. Without the CrossWalk plugin enabled (using the standard Android WebView), the visibilitychange event is raised as expected when I exit my app using the Home or Recent Apps buttons, and when I return to my app. I use this in conjunction with document.visibilityState to suspend my app (a game) properly. With CrossWalk enabled (which I need, for the performance) the game keeps running, including the sound.

Is this a bug?